Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Answer Key to Study Questions for Test #3

Here is the key for the sample problems. There are obviously a few duplicates. Sorry. Also, I threw this together rather quickly so there may be some errors. If you think there are any errors, please contact me via email or AIM (CinciDood). If you leave a comment on the blog I may not see it.

Good luck.

1-C, 2-D, 3-D, 4-D, 5-B, 6-C, 7-D,
8-C, 9-C, 10-D*, 11-C, 12-C, 13-C,
14-C, 15-D, 16-B, 17-D, 18-A**,
19-C, 20-C, 21-C, 22-A, 23-A,
24-A, 25-B, 26-B, 27-B, 28-D, 29-D,
30-C, 31-B, 32-B, 33-C, 34-B,
35-C, 36-B, 37-A,
38-D, 39-A, 40-D, 41-C, 42-D,
43-B, 44-B, 45-B, 46-C

*I originally reported A here, because option B sounds a bit like structural unemployment. But if the following argument is made, B could be correct: "a person is structurally unemployed if sectoral changes in the economy make it difficult to find a new job because of obsolete skills. If a sectoral change in the economy doesn't necessarily result in skills no longer in demand, then a sectoral change results in frictional unemployment." If that is the case, A and B can both be correct. I'd also have to argue that C would be correct since people can, by choice, move to a new job because of working conditions. I think D is the best answer. For the test, I'll try to be very clear about structural unemployment and the out-of-demand skill set.


**18 was originally reported as C. It is A. Thanks RGE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home